|FIND OUT WHAT’S IN STORE FOR SOURCING IN 2017
Cotton prices may continue to rise, more businesses may be looking for ways to source closer to home and technology will keep turning retail on its head–the year in sourcing has been uncertain to say the least.
Come hear the industry’s top thought leaders discuss all of that and more at this year’s Summit. Here’s what’s on the agenda:
Is Poor Sourcing to Blame for the Dismal State of Retail?
Sourcing Journal publisher Edward Hertzman speaks frankly on the industry’s inefficiencies, over processing and antiquated systems.
The Zara Gap Part II: Fast Fashion Decoded
Back by popular demand, John Thorbeck further discusses the widening gap between fast fashion retailers and the old ways of brick and mortar.
Creating Efficiencies in the Supply Chain
An in-depth look at what companies are doing to improve efficiency and remedy the supply chain problems that are suffocating today’s retailers.
State of Sourcing
Industry leaders openly discuss sourcing in a challenging retail environment, margin compressions and competing with new forms of retail distribution.
Near Sourcing: How to Enter the Western Hemisphere
For brands interested in improving speed to market, factories and executives discuss how companies are successfully sourcing close to home.
What’s Happening with World Trade?
Hear about the current state of trade, what’s going on with TPP and learn how Customs is handling things like mis-declaration and under-invoicing.
Predictions for Apparel in 2017
Will cotton prices continue to rise? What will costs of goods look like going forward? Who will be the winners and loser at retail? You’ll find out here.
From 3-D to DNA: How Companies are Using Technology to Modernize Their Supply Chains
Learn about how software that communicates from retail to factory, developments in sampling and prototyping and DNA tagging are shaping the landscape of the apparel and footwear industry.
Here’s a look at our speakers:
- John Cheh, Vice Chairman and CEO of Esquel Group
- Bill Jackson, Assistant U.S. Trade Rep for Textiles at USTR
- John Thorbeck, Chairman, Chainge Capital
- Philip Poel, VP Global Manufacturing & Quality, Under Armour
- Mara Burr, EVP, World Strategies LLC
- Angela Chan, SVP & Chief Sourcing Officer, Destination XL
- Steve Lamar, Executive Vice President, American Apparel & Footwear Association (AAFA)
- Mike Todaro, Managing Director, Americas Apparel Producers’ Network (AAPN)
- David Sasso, VP Sales, Buhler Quality Yarns
- Juan Zighelboim, President, TexOps
- Luis Aspillaga, CEO World Textile Sourcing
- Jose Suarez, Owner, Managing Director, Impactiva
- Murali Gokki, Director, Alix Partners
- Mike Flanagan, CEO, Clothesource
- Jon Devine, Senior Economist, Cotton Incorporated
- Katie Smith, Senior Fashion and Retail Analyst, Edited
- Nicole Rosso, Supervisory Import Specialist, Apparel & Footwear Textile Center,US Customs and Border Protection
Stay tuned as more speakers will be announced next week.
The Sourcing Journal Summit is the most exclusive gathering of supply chain executives leading the sector’s latest initiatives. Top thought leaders will share key insights, talk about the hottest topics in the industry and discuss the latest innovations reshaping shopping and sourcing–all through interactive panel discussions designed to bring today’s sourcing issues to life.
Join us on September 20, 2016 in New York City for our annual Sourcing Summit.
WHEN: Sept. 20, 2016 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
WHERE: Espace, 635 W. 42nd Street, New York, NY 10036